I thoroughly enjoyed the HK/NY Borders Film Exchange. Being that some of my great-grandparents are from Hong Kong themselves, and I was born in New York, I found that seeing the two different cultures present in one segment was inspiring, and in a way, connecting myself to my own roots. Seeing so many different films was fun and made me realize how I could create an intimate experience with some of the personal things I’ve gone through. The film ‘A Thousand Words’ focuses on a family in Harlem accepting that the grandmother has dementia struck me hard, as I personally had to deal with my grandmother progressively developing dementia, and forgetting who I was, despite a previous close relationship. The film ‘The Little Red Ball’ depicts a red ball against a colorless world. There is a boy in the film who is colorless as well. I think that the boy is sad as he is growing up and is no longer a kid. This reminded me of ‘The Girl in Red – Schindler’s List (1993)’, where...
Comments
Post a Comment